"Every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor PHP applications from all possible sides. We dive into:
- System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
- Application metrics: Gather metrics of nginx or Apache, php-fpm, and MySQL.
- Application logs: Collect logs in a structured format or parse them to extract all the relevant information.
- Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
- Tracing: Follow calls through your application and visualize them.
And we will do all of that live since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.