Do you have something to confess? Or are you still in denial — knowing that you're doing something wrong, but you cannot say for sure what it is?
In this talk, we'll go through our deployment sins and how to avoid them:
- Gluttony: Adding all the dependencies — both in size and number.
- Greed: Yes, I want to use the biggest and slowest application server possible.
- Sloth: Continuous Deployment or Delivery — who would need that?!
- Lust: Of course I'm using containers, microservices, and every latest trend for every project!
- Pride: Once something is in production it's purely an ops problem.
- Envy: Why should I rely on an external library, when I can lovingly handcraft it all myself?
- Wrath: Logging and monitoring are for the faint of heart!